SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka, a member organization of SOS-Kinderdorf International, provides total care to the children who have lost their parents and supports the children who are at risk of losing the care of their biological family. The organization has well established projects in Piliyandala, Nuwara Eliya, Galle, Anuradhapura, Monaragala, Batticaloa, Gandara, Peraliya & Jaffna and invites applications from highly committed individuals who meet the requisite qualifications for the following position.
ASSISANT DIRECTOR – DIRECT FUND RAISING (SUB OFFICE - KOHUWALA)
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following in order to achieve the specific fund development objectives of SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka.
- Raising funds as per the set targets from individuals through Face to Face (F2F) Methods. This includes acquiring new donors through identifying locations for F2F fund raising, conducting campaigns at the said locations. Further strategies should be implemented to retain acquired donors as well.
- Raising funds from corporate houses and their employees by making visits. This includes experience in making calls to the corporate houses, independently plan & travel for the meetings, making presentations and following up with proposals.
- Assisting the Director-FDC to develop and implement fund-raising strategies and annual fund development plans for the organization.
- Organizing innovative fund-raising activities / campaigns with minimum cost and sound revenue.
- Coordinating potential donor visits to SOS Children’s Villages and building long-term donor relationships.
- Preparing budgets for fund-raising activities / campaigns and reports of the campaigns.
- Helping in selection and management of external agencies that provide services to SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka such as letter shopping, face to face fund raising, marketing research etc.
- Occasional travel to SOS Projects in the country for sharing FDC plans with the concerned Co-workers of the projects. International travel may be needed for undergoing training for self-development.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic individual who is passionate for the cause of raising funds for children who have lost parental care.
- Engagement in professional or academic qualification in marketing (Bachelors Degree in Marketing, CIM, SLIM) is desired.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in fund raising or direct marketing at a reputed organization.
- Excellent customer handling skills, presentation skills, negotiation and communication skills are mandatory.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English and must possess a good knowledge of MS Office.
Please send in your resume with recent passport size photograph, contact telephone numbers and names of three non-related referees to the address mentioned below on or before September 17, 2018. You could also e-mail your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR – HR & OD,
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES-SRI LANKA,
P. O. Box – 05,
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe. The highest standards of selection, recruitment and verification procedures will be applied for all employment opportunities with SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka.